There is nothing better than a warm, relaxing bath to help unwind at the end of the day. What’s even better is when you add the delicious fragrances, vibrant colours, and nourishing ingredients of a luxurious bath bomb!
No matter your skin type, bath bombs can cleanse your skin and leave it feeling soft and supple, all while you relax and recharge in the warm water. At Lemoulds, we offer the tools and products that you will need to build your own fabulous bath bomb creations in a variety of shapes and sizes, but what about if you don’t know what bath bombs are, or how to use bath bombs to their full potential? We’ve got you covered there, too!
What are Bath Bombs?
If you are someone looking to add an extra something to your regular bath, you might have started your research by wondering, ‘what are bath bombs?’ and ‘what do bath bombs do?’
A bath bomb is not only a fantastic addition to any tub, but also a nourishing, friendly skincare product. A blend of fragrant, calming oils and extracts set in a spherical mould, the main ingredients of bath bombs include sodium bicarbonate and citric acid, which create the enjoyable fizzing effect that happens when it interacts with water.
As bath bombs dissolve, they release soothing aromas and skin-loving emollients, which can offer a range of benefits, including helping to soften skin and relax the body.
What Do Bath Bombs Do?
Let’s explore the question, ‘what do bath bombs do’ in more detail, starting with how they work. Though inactive when dry, bath bombs are known for their delightful fizzing and explosion of colours when they are submerged in water. The reaction between the main ingredients and the water in your tub produces carbon dioxide and sodium citrate, creating the effect that we all know and love. As the carbon dioxide builds up and bubbles out, the bath bomb begins to separate, releasing a variety of oils, perfumes, detergents, and any other ingredients that make up the creation into your bath.
The Benefits of Bath Bombs
There are numerous benefits bath bombs bring to the body, leaving it as much more than a wonderful way of adding an extra element to your regular baths.
When considering what bath bombs do for your skin, it is important to consider all the different ingredients that make up the various formulas. Using a bath bomb is not only a relaxing experience, but it can also benefit your skin.
Aiding a range of skin types, from sensitive to dry skin, bath bombs contain ingredients that can work to help relax and rejuvenate your body. Some of the more notable health benefits of using a bath bomb include:
- Smoothing and soothing dry skin with an extra hit of moisture and loosening damaged skin layers.
- Removing toxins with baking soda ingredients, stripping dirt, oil, and other pollutants from your skin, ideal for those with oilier skin types.
- Easing soreness and promoting relaxation with a combination of essential oils. This can naturally put you in a calmer mood, helping to relieve any tension or anxiety.
- Aromatherapy benefits with scents that serve a specific purpose. Bath bombs with citrus scents aim to energize you, while calming fragrances like lavender can help to promote peaceful sleep.
One of the key benefits of bath bombs is that they can contain healing properties. One of the best ways how to use bath bombs is to actively work to achieve healthier, younger-looking skin. Packed with rejuvenating enzymes and reactions that promote the strengthening of blood vessels and repairing of skin, bath bombs’ benefits are all centred around creating a healthy glow all over.
Furthermore, the benefits of using a bath bomb over similar products are in their ability to create an atmosphere. With a sense of luxury and magnificence, bath bombs transform an otherwise ordinary bath into a lavish experience.
How to Use Bath Bombs
When it comes to knowing how to use bath bombs there is not much to it. While it may seem like you simply fill a tub with some water and toss in the bath bomb, there are some steps that you can follow to ensure that you have the most perfect, relaxing bath every time.
- Fill the tub with water, adjusting the temperature until you find the perfect fit for you. Ideally, the water will be warm and comfortable enough to relax and enjoy for about 20 minutes.
- Remove any wrappings from the bath bomb and add them to the water, letting it fizz and dissolve as it releases the essential oils, fragrances, salts and colours.
- When your bath bomb has visibly dissolved, it is time to step into the tub and enjoy your bath experience.
- Be sure to get out of the bathtub as soon as the water begins to cool so that you retain the heat on your body and continue to feel the relaxing effects.
You can feel free to enjoy bath bombs with every bath if you so choose. Knowing how to use bath bombs will help you to reap all the benefits of the ingredients every time. There is no downside to using these relaxing, creative products, and they can leave your skin feeling smooth, and your body refreshed.
Shop the Best Bath Bomb Moulds with Lemoulds
Add individualised benefits to your bath bomb experience and create your own unique blends with our bath bomb moulds at Lemoulds. We are committed to making bath bomb moulds that our customers will find easy to use and amazing to behold. Enjoy a variety of creative mould designs to suit your personal tastes and discover how to make a bath bomb with your own quality blends.
We are enthusiastic about using nourishing ingredients to create soothing and relaxing formulas for everyone to enjoy and explore how to use bath bombs at home. To learn more, take a look at our diverse collection of bath moulds, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and one of our friendly staff will reply to your email as soon as possible.